Support and Mobility
• Functional U-braces have proved their worth in the rehabilitation of injuries and degenerative diseases of the ankle join
• On the basis of his diagnosis, the physician will decide whether surgical or conservative treatment should be initiated. Regardless of this decision experience has shown that functional rehabilitation is superior to immobilization.
• The U-brace provides medial and lateral support to the ankle joint (on both sides) while allowing a great degree of flexion and extension. This allows for a normal course of movement.
• The air chambers cushion the supports to prevent unpleasant pressure. Stronger padding at both ankles provides higher pressure at the bottom third of the supporting area. With the pressure applied decreasing from the bottom towards the top, swellings can be reduced more rapidly.
• instability of the upper ankle joint
The air chambers consist of a skin-friendly polyurethane sheeting and an inner core made of PU foam filling. These materials have proven their worth in the clinical environment. The entire product is PVC-free and free of plasticizers. It is nevertheless recommended that an absorbent sock be worn underneath the brace.
The anatomically shaped taluair brace with air chambers is available in three sizes for both the right and the left ankle.